Saturday, October 27, 2007

They call me "Panic" 'cause I never do.

I found this randomly while looking for pictures of Rawhead Rex, but it's actually a good list of Halloween-y things:

Ingredients for a Halloween at Home

I've got no reaction to the music, because I don't recognize it. I only listen to The Best of Bonnie Raitt when I'm at home. But I love the movie list.

(Look at this! There were two sequels to Pumpkinhead? And a poem?)

Left off of the movie list is the epic Ticks, which is reviewed at BadMovies.org. More childhood memories with my brother and sister...

Anyway, the best part of this guy's list is the video games section. Maniac Mansion is awesome enough that I will probably not be writing letters of recommendation this morning to instead play that on an emulator (because these students don't need college); however, the real victory is Resident Evil.

After playing the sequel, Resident Evil 2, I made a series of .wav files doing the voices of the main characters, Leon and Ada. (I would have been 18 at the time, which is a nice little fact for people who are married to me to keep in mind as they consider annulment.) Thing is, I made these .wav files with over-the-top caricatures of the voices telling nonsensical stories, having nonsensical conversations, or telling nonsensical jokes. Only I can't quite remember all of them.

I know that one started something like this:

Leon: Hey, Ada! Where are you going with my car?
Ada: I don't know, Leon! I thought I'd take it for a drive!

And then there was a "punchline" with laughter from both characters.

Where are those .wav files? Justin may or may not have at the same time created gems entitled "lion attack" and "real lion attack," and these must also be recovered. We were such winners back then. Before it went downhill.



Did You Know? I used to play Resident Evil 2 constantly, but I cheated every single time. I had to. Otherwise, it was terrifying. Actually, it was still terrifying, but I can't help that I screamed like a girl whenever I was attacked in the game. (Once again, I'd like to point out that I was 18 years old then. Fodder for the annulment hearings!)

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

yes, those .wav files are saved with the matthew/christopher jokes on that compaq computer. who knows where it is now.

it is my dream to have all the music from maniac mansion on my computer. i tried to find videos of it on youtube, but they're all stupid.