Thursday, November 15, 2007

I want a ferret.

But the wife has suggested that if I were to buy a ferret, she would throw it into the wild.

When I was a youngster, my brother and I had ferrets. Lots of them. They were adorable -- when they weren't destroying everything around. Actually, that's when they were the most adorable. Some days, I'd find them curled up inside the couch, having dug their way into it, filled it with poop and my keys, and gone to sleep.

I treasure those days. No, really. I'm serious. I want a ferret.

The wife says no, but I have a question:

What if it came with a lion?

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

i like that after the first swipe the lion makes, the ferret just shakes it off and keeps going. also, i appreciate the ferret's exit more than anything. one of the greatest exits of all time, i'd say.

and people who have a pet lion are just plain stupid. that thing is king of the jungle. and it will kill you for keeping it from the throne.

Justin said...

What if you dedicated your life to going only where you shouldn't go? I wish I had a sixth sense that provided me only with that information.

And in response to Charlotte, ferrets are probably a four for durability - just shy of bulletproof.