Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Happy times

Continuing with my recent affinity for Miss Janet, here is a good video I doubt that most people have seen:



This video is great and stands on its own. But it is really getting it done because her producer is channeling iconic images from Drum Magazine, Samuel Fosso, Malick Sidibe, and Seydou Keita. I hug all of those works of art, so this video just punches me in the face. If you ever need a jolt in the artistic-creativity bone, just learn about a little bit of South African, Nigerian, or Democratic Republic of the Congo history. And the fact that those artists had some feelings. And no time in which to share them.

*If you click on the Samuel Fosso link, you will go to the Jack Shainman Gallery page. One of my all-time favorite artists, El Anatsui, has a huge show coming up at this gallery in January. I'm a tad excited.

2 comments:

dianna hot girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Charlotte said...

I respect that.
I used to chill so hard to this song.