Saturday, December 1, 2007

Every single second of the night.

I know I said I'd leave it at two things with the video for "These Dreams," but we've just watched it again... and I need to make a few things clear.

The drummer in that video, who makes his triumphant entrance after the plaster horse head, knew he was taking you on a ride. Do you see those moves? That spin move? The pointing at you? I love him. What is he wearing? I love him.

But the real twist in this viewing was Cat noticing that the disembodied hands are coming out of grates in the floor. Why are they down there? What's going on here? I know that they love Heart -- I love Heart, and I would definitely reach up through a grate to touch Ann Wilson, even now, when she's 57 and post gastric surgery of some kind -- but I still feel like the audience might have been captured and locked up. Which is fantastic.

No comments: