Saturday, December 1, 2007

One more Heart explosion.

Right. When I was courting the wife, I had a few tricks up my sleeve. One of them was delivering her a letter that was, in its entirety, the lyrics to "Alone" by Heart. I arranged them grammatically so that they made sense, and I formatted it like a real letter. But Cat didn't know Heart at the time. She just thought she was getting a letter with these sentiments:

I hear the ticking of the clock
I'm lying here the room's pitch dark
I wonder where you are tonight
No answer on the telephone
And the night goes by so very slow
Oh I hope that it won't end though
Alone
Till now I always got by on my own
I never really cared until I met you
And now it chills me to the bone
How do I get you alone
How do I get you alone
you don't know how long i have wanted
to touch your lips and hold you tight
You don't know how long I have waited
and I was going to tell you tonight
But the secret is still my own
and my love for you is still unknown
Alone
Till now I always got by on my own
I never really cared until I met you
And now it chills me to the bone
How do I get you alone


Needless to say, revealing that this was a song was less awesome than Cat continuing to believe that I was a stalker. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how the race was won.

PS: I did the same thing a few weeks later with the lyrics to "Glory of Love" by Peter Cetera. But she knew that one.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

I think that Alone has become mine and Zero's go-to song for karaoke. The first time we sang it, we were a little shaky. But this last time, we knocked it out of the park. It's such a great song.