Saturday, March 1, 2008

Because computers cheat.

I became addicted to the Mac Scrabble we bought, and I've played something like 200 games against the computer. At the higher levels, I lose horribly (as the computer consistently draws the highest scoring tiles and then invents the word QIZAXY for 750 points), so I just play the Veteran AI over and over again.

So, in the interest of documenting events even my wife doesn't care about, I just pulled this board off:



And here is both my final score and the series of three turns in which I did the best:



Oh, Bee. What are you feeling right now? What emotion is that etched into your metal-bee face? Is it wonder? Horror? Despair?

Let's see:



What makes you tick, Bee? What do you feel when you see DRAINER played? Is it an emotion you can quantify? Do you write about it in your journal late at night before you plot your next attempt to play WZOQY for 300 points?

No comments: