Saturday, March 1, 2008

Flawless victory.

While my wife folds the laundry, I'm watching Lasagna Cat, and I had a very specific reaction to this one. I think you should skip watching that, though, and spend some time here:



Thirty seconds into that video, I knew I'd found a kindred spirit. Here's a little thought experiment:

How would you make the perfect film? And by "perfect," I mean a film that scores 100/100 on any imaginable scoring rubric. A paragon. A movie with flawless acting, music, plot, and so on. How would you do that?

1. Cast Sam Neill
2. Find real dinosaurs
3. Hire John Williams
4. Film

Well, that movie exists. It is called Jurassic Park.

BONUS FOOTAGE FROM THE SAM NEILL LINK:



Listen to the music in that tribute. Think about the kid who made the tribute. But seriously think about the music. And how much time had to have been spent scouring the Internet for the right photos.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

I can't actually believe that Jurassic Park video. It's a gets machine.
I wish I could transport back in time to listening to that soundtrack on my Walkman while swinging in the backyard, feeling kind of scared when the opening track began, and then soaring into the clouds when the main theme kicked it into high gear.
I wand to own that movie. It's a true classic.

Charlotte said...

I wand to own it. That's magical want.