Saturday, March 1, 2008

Blizzard! Blizzard! Blizzard!

The Scrabble computer cheats, and it loves to do it. It's not the best at it, though. The best cheating computer characters are from a time of joy in my life, and by "joy," I mean "rage and violence," specifically toward the games.

Super Macho Man?




I found no pictures of you from Super Punch-Out!!, perhaps because you are hiding from me, perhaps because of the two or three times I might have completely broken that SNES cartridge by slamming it into the ground.

(Hey, Justin, do you remember the time I accidentally "dropped" Earthbound? Me, neither. It was a shame that it broke so badly from such a short drop.)

There are other cheaters in the world of computers, most notably from Mario Kart 64 and every incarnation of Madden, but I just wanted to post a picture of Super Macho Man and a picture of the video game characters that caused my big brother to get so angry one afternoon at our grandmother's house that he kicked the NES and broke the front of it off:


3 comments:

Charlotte said...

Just imagining you guys getting so angry at the games makes me lose it. Oh god.

Red Fish said...

How about the time that you were playing Mario Party and Justin beat you? Did you ever lose control of your temper and threaten to kill him? I don't think that happened. And there definitely wasn't a time that Justin lost and got so angry that he had to go box in the garage for a while.

Charlotte said...

Mario Party is special, because we would hate each other instead of the game. The funniest part of Justin's story is that the controller got caught on his foot as he was leaving, so he dragged the system with him for a minute, which I'm sure only fueled his rage. I'm laughing so hard right now.