Friday, March 7, 2008

No feelings

As I left work today, I entered a deluge. The thought of walking thirty minutes to the train station in the pouring rain did not particularly appeal to me, so I ran to the gas station across the street to attempt to buy an umbrella. Unfortunately for me, this gas station does not sell umbrellas, nor did the person behind the counter have any idea where the closest place was that did sell umbrellas. So, in my panicked, frustrated state, which apparently the young man found endearing, I asked for a bag to at least put over my head to keep me slightly dry. Said young man one-upped my idea and gave me the biggest garbage bag he could find and ripped a small hole in the side of it so that I could see. So, if you had been one of the tens of thousands of people bustling about midtown in the rain, you would have seen a petite, animated garbage bag waddling across town.

Once I arrived at the train station, only half-drenched and slightly amused with the situation leading to my arrival, I decided that I needed to reward myself for my hard work with some rocking music. Seriously rocking. Like Salt-N-Pepa and my number one husband, Biggie. Well, you can imagine my disappointment when this came on shuffle:



He, unfortunately, doesn't have any feelings. Or ever make me smile.

*Marcus adds, "Have you ever thought about a bass line two and a half minutes in?"

No comments: