Saturday, September 6, 2008

Fly a fantasy.


Excuse me, sir?

Cat and I just watched The NeverEnding Story, which I have just discovered is my favorite movie of all time, supplanting The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. You just can't beat something I first saw when I was five years old, Peter Jackson. I'm sorry.

I made sure Cat appreciated some of the better touches -- Bastian taking the attic key from its broken holder, Charlotte's cameo as Morla, the Ancient One -- and I also showed her the video for Limahl's "NeverEnding Story."

You have to watch it. Embedding has been disabled by request, which hasn't stopped 1.5 million people from watching this, so get to it. And then pay attention when it hits the 2:00 mark, because that's when magic happens. That image capture at the top of this post? That's the face Limahl makes while singing the chorus. Why is Limahl making an orgasmic/heroin face? Except kind of bored? Who's the woman in the background? How is this the best video you've ever seen?

No comments: