Friday, September 5, 2008

Live-blogging the evening: Part 7.



We've now watched this scene three or four times in a row. It is the most incredible scene in the history of movies. If you gave me two years and a hundred thousand dollars, I might be able to break it down for you, but right now? Whew. I'll do my best.

You have this:



Which is more incredible in motion than here, even with the incredible fey thing his hands are doing. Toward the end, he also spins and jumps by some water:



Again, the still doesn't do it justice. Just remember that this is his angst-ridden, tough-guy song. This is it. Spinning in midair.

But the moment that shattered my belief that I could ever blog about this scene effectively is right here:



He is talking to his reflection. His face looks like this, and it is incredible. You are the better man, High School Musical 2. I concede.

BONUS: The Internet wins. While looking for pictures of Vigo, I found someone's opus, and here it is. You're welcome.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

If there's two things that definitely go together, it's a tub and slime.