Friday, September 5, 2008

Live-blogging the evening: Part 2.


Oh my.

What is the appeal of Ashley Tisdale? Her head is enormous. It's mesmerizing. Also, her voice is completely inside of her nose. She sounds like Keith Sweat, only I don't like her, and I love Keith Sweat.

Voila:



Keith Sweat is my husband.

Also, I have to admit that Troy and Gabriella have the best sight-reading abilities I have ever seen. They are fantastic. And with perfect pitch.

Still, I have no trouble suspending my disbelief for that kind of thing. Or for the fact that Troy has no other outlet for singing -- no bands, for instance -- other than theater. I can't, however, suspend my disbelief to accept that Zac Efron likes a girl. He doesn't. He likes boys.

Look, I know that this is old news. But are you going to hate on somebody who discovers The Beatles (or even a band I don't think is horribly over-rated) for not having heard of them before? That's what this is. Zac Efron's attempt to play straight is the acting equivalent of The Beatles. If The Beatles were this.

I'm just kidding. That was the best thing.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Vanessa Hudgens also sings out of her nose. I blame Madonna's early career for the acceptance of nose-singing as pleasant to the ears. But I will say that it makes the High School Musical movies more true to life, because for some reason the nose-singers would always get lead roles in musicals. Baffling.