Friday, September 5, 2008

Live-blogging the evening: Part 3.


IT'S JUST THAT YOU'D MAKE A BETTER FOOL FOR CHRIST.

I can't find pictures of Zac Efron in the amazing all-denim outfit he wore to "woo" Gabriella, even though that outfit alone made this movie night worth it. (Also, the vodka helps.)

But I found this: High School Musical fan fiction.

Three years ago, I lived next door to a woman who wrote fan fiction for a living. She said she was part of a massive InuYasha fan-fic site, and people paid her to write things. I couldn't believe it then, and I feel bad about this now, but seriously:

Story Ideas:

1 Click Here:Gabriella Montez is a new student at east high. While she is there, she keeps an online private blog and writes about every new person she meets. What happens when her blog gets leaked to the entire student body and everyon starts to hate her? (troyella)~complete

2 Summer Love: Gabriella Montez's family has a landscaping bussiness. When her family recieves a new client, will Gabriella find love? More importantly, will her brothers allow it?~complete

3 Message Sent:Troy Bolton meets a friend online. Thinking that this person is no more than a penpal, he tells them all of his secrets and thoughts. What happens when this person is closer than he thinks? What will become of the friendship? More importantly, will he ever find out who the person is?~ sequel to Click Here~Complete

That just happened! (PS: Troy's secret thoughts are about boys.) Someone really meant that -- and dozens more stories -- and then, just when I was feeling a little guilty for picking on someone for his or her love of High School Musical... I found this:

A LETTER TO YOU FROM SATAN:

That's right. A LETTER TO YOU FROM SATAN. Exactly what you would expect next to HSM fan fiction. A couple of highlights:

Thanks to you, I'm really showing Him who's boss in your life with all of the good times we've had.We have been... watching dirty movies, cursing people out, stealing, lying, being hypocritical, overeating, telling dirty jokes, gossiping, being judgmental, back stabbing people, dis-respecting adults, and those in leadership positions. No respect for the Church, bad attitudes.

Hey! I like all of those things, too! But this is really worth the time for this part, which is now my motto:

So go ahead and teach some children how to sin.All you have to do is smoke, get drunk or better yet, give illegal drugs or alcohol to under-aged children. Cheat, gamble, gossip, and live being as selfish as possible. Do all of this in the presence of children and they will do it too. Kids are like that.

Kids are like that. Got me.

And then there's the closing, which is how I now plan on signing every email, personal or professional, from now on:

Don't get me wrong, I still hate you.

IT'S JUST THAT YOU'D MAKE A BETTER FOOL FOR CHRIST.

P.S. If you love me, you won't share this.

"If you love me, you won't share this." Satan is the champ.