Sunday, February 24, 2008

If you asked me to.

Last night, because my wife adorably loves all things James Bond, we watched Timothy Dalton in A License to Kill. It is a very long movie that boasted some of the very best acting I have ever seen, if "very best" means VERY, VERY BEST. I wish that I had ever had a girl in love with me to the point where right when she sees me making out with another girl at the party we went to, she runs away crying and hugs herself all alone, and then she's Carey Lowell, and then we jump in the water and make out, because she's already over the crying part.

Oh, and the opening credits to this James Bond movie? See if you can find the motif the director employs, and also notice that this was PROFORMED by Gladys Knight, you adorable Internet kids:



Hint: The motif is nipples.

Anyway, this is all by way of preamble. You see, the movies ends with another hit song, this one by Patti LaBelle. It's called, "If You Asked Me To," and Catherine let me know immediately, as it began to play, that it was covered by Celine Dion. We found the Celine Dion cover on YouTube, watched it, and went to bed.

This morning, I woke up with "If You Asked Me To" playing in my head. It played through breakfast. It played through the first Scrabble game of the day. It is playing right now. And I have been singing it the entire time.

I tried to exorcise it by watching the video again:



I don't even know if I like the song...

PS: Maybe you've never known about a choice in hair style. But Patti LaBelle has.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

I never knew that was a cover.
That reminds me, you guys will probably enjoy this:
somebody did not hold back.

Reagan said...

I didn't know it was a cover either. But it immediately popped into my head when I read this. Hopefully I won't be stuck with it for too long.