Sunday, February 3, 2008

What is with the face-kicking recently?

Tonight, while Marcus was watching the Superbowl streaming on our computer in the back, I had to decide what I was going to do with three hours or so that I perhaps would not do with him around. I didn't have any homework, but I couldn't watch Numb3rs or South Park like I would normally do (as that would be all together too much for our internet connection). So, while meandering around the front room of our apartment, I ended up in front of our movie collection. Glancing through, I spotted Moulin Rouge, which, for no adequate reason, I had not yet seen in its entirety.

Now, Ewan McGregor has always been my ultimate man, like Kate Winslet is my ultimate woman. Seeing him in Star Wars I-III



and Big Fish



was enough for me to want to kiss him on the mouth. His smile makes me melt inside.




So. I watched Moulin Rouge. There was no way that I could have prepared myself for the the gut-punch that I received when he smiles after singing the line "The hills are alive with the sound of music" for the first time. There was no way for me to know the depths to which my heart could sink when he wails in despair as Satine dies. [I did not believe many of Nicole Kidman's lines or feelings. But I believed every single one of Ewan's. He is the only reason this movie was fantastic. Him and the visuals. There were some feelings there as well.]

But. There are no possible words for me to express my intense joy as I watched Ewan sing (not just heard him sing) for the first time. I couldn't wipe an awe-stricken, child-like, puppy-love smile off of my face.



Things are just so magical lately. I am loving it.

4 comments:

Red Fish said...

Definitely magical.

Julia said...

I mean, Trainspotting is good times too. It's completely Ewan McGregor's fault that I'm a Scottish heroin junkie. OR, a Scottish heroinE junkie. Your choice.

Charlotte said...

Ewan McGregor was the original #1 husband on the original husband list. I don't think he'd be in the top spot today, but he will always have a special place in my heart.
Have you seen Little Voice? I think you might really love it.

Justin said...

Any interest in eating breakfast with him every morning? In a tunnel that connects your houses with a glassed in dining room?
Mostly cereal.