Saturday, February 2, 2008

An arm sag.

How am I spending the time before Nicole comes over to visit? Making anagrams.

First and last names only, a definition, and then the best picture from the first page of Google images for the anagram:

My best one's mace usurer, which I like to imagine means I lend mace (maybe the kind with this in it) at an exorbitant interest rate. Or do I spray people in the face and then take their money?


Mace usurer

My wife is hatched ironware. Metalworks from eggs? Wikipedia thinks I mean "ironmonger,"but I don't. Ironmonger was the last name of a girl on whom I had a wicked crush at age 16, leading to some of the more embarrassing moments of inept wooing I've ever produced (which is saying an awful, awful lot).


Hatched ironware

My big brother's full name produces eerily rebel nuke, which I guess is a nuclear weapon that is rebellious in an eerie way.


Eerily rebel nuke

My sister yields creature hotel. That is easily the best one yet and needs no explanation.


Creature hotel

My little brother gets injure suet, so he hurts animal fat. That works pretty well.


Injure suet

And since she's going to be here in a few minutes, assuming I finish this so we can go to the train station, Nicole gets beeline crock. Not sure what that means, but Google says:


Beeline crock

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

Creature hotel. You might think the photo that Nicole's produced of the Life Awards wins, but then you take a second look at the man in the tiny pool. And creature hotel. I have to make some kind of music under that name.

nicole said...

oh lord! i love that post! everyone wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and i loved the transformers movie and the ten and al the junk food i will never regret eting. thank you so much it was a wonderful evening.)

nicole said...

and yes, i will always push the publish button before proofreading.