Thursday, January 31, 2008

Confusion abounds

I know that I already posted today, but I have something I really need to discuss.

Marcus and I read last year the Top 99 Women from AskMen.com. Just because we were bored. And why not take 20 min to point out how all these women who are supposed to be chosen for their intelligence, talent, and personality are actually chosen for two different characteristics. Characteristics which are extremely obvious in these photos. Characteristics which are basically falling out of the bikini tops they try to pass off as shirts. Every once in a while, you'll get a skeletor like Natalie Portman or Keira Knightley. But mostly, you have British glamour models -- aka "I'll take off my top for any reason"-- and Victoria's Secret lingerie models.

So, in the spirit of tradition, Marcus and I were glancing through this year's list. Nothing much had changed. You still have all the busty women you could ask for. All of whom are touted for being "talented" and "model-turned-actresses" after appearing in one or two terrible movies or television shows. So, imagine our surprise, when the number 1 woman of the year for 2008 was this mediocre, loud mouth, who isn't necessarily big-busted OR attractive. Just boring. And a chain-smoker.




Really? The most attractive woman in the world? Really? Hmmm...

Plus, as the cherry on top of the poop sundae, Kate Winslet wasn't even on the list this year. That is an absolute travesty. She has always been my ultimate woman, but watching her on Extras was a revelation for me. Are you telling me you would not want to spend every waking moment with this woman? I would. This scene comes after her conversation with the female extra about how to give good phone sex. This is her follow-up conversation which goes awry.

1 comment:

nicole said...

i can't see the video or the link, but i know the scene. and i LOVE it.