Sunday, January 20, 2008

Movie review!

We watched Sunshine tonight, and here is our review:

Catherine found her perfect way to die, which is exploding in the center of the sun while creating a new star. Joy and warmth. And sunlight. It's actually all she wants.

I found a perfect feeling of imperfection. The movie was great, sure; it's pretty awesome-looking, and that was just the Human Torch! Ha ha ha!


No, seriously.

But where was Sam Neill?

I ask because I already saw this movie, only it was called Event Horizon, and it starred Sam Neill and Larry Fishburne. I don't think I need to tell you that Sam Neill is the greatest actor of this generation. Here's just a sample from his IMDB page:

Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park 3
Event Horizon


I know!

Anyway, Sunshine was the same movie as Event Horizon, only all dark instead of all light. And trying hard, where you could tell the actors had seen the script ahead of time. And no Sam Neill looking like this:


No, SERIOUSLY.

So, all in all, I'd give Event Horizon five stars.

4 comments:

Julia said...

I think it's important that you clarify that the "Sunshine" you watched was not the 1999 film by István Szabó about the fate of Hungarian Jews in the 20th century. In that one Ralph Fiennes plays three separate characters. He also plays Voldemort, but I think that is a different movie entirely.

Charlotte said...

Hmph. They had no such awesome mission to save the sun in Event Horizon. Also, that movie was actually terrible. By terrible I mean great, of course. I was reminded of it while watching Sunshine as well. But Sunshine is so serious (minus the villain, but let's just forget about him), and Event Horizon is actually funny.

Charlotte said...

I mean to say Event Horizon is a comedy.

nicole said...

all i want to do is forget about him