Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I'll get there.

Every day in teaching is a fun adventure in sitting and standing. Sometimes I get to combine both in one action-packed period. And sometimes -- just sometimes -- I get to walk from one classroom to another classroom where I recommence sitting and/or standing.

Walking, sitting, standing. By the end of the day, I am exhausted! You might wonder, "Teaching sounds like lumberjacking, only you're probably more ripped than a lumberjack!" First of all, "lumberjacking" is not a word according to Blogger. Second of all, I am not ripped. Isn't that weird? I forgot to mention that I'm usually holding a book while I'm sitting and/or standing -- yet no ripping has occurred.

To take matters into my own hands, I am scouring YouTube for the right exercise video. Since I have something in the neighborhood of ten minutes free to exercise before getting back to grading and/or existential collapse, I need something condensed.

First question: How do I get the long lean legs I've always wanted? Also a British accent?

Second question: When it says "the level at which [I] feel comfortable," does that include the way the music and spandex decisions in 8-Minute Abs make me feel? Because that feeling is not comfort.

Third question: Not a question. Just an answer:



Paul Eugene, you dynamo. Why did you disable commenting? I have so much to tell you!

No comments: