Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Like shooting puppies with a BB gun.


That's actually kind of disgusting right there.

So maybe dentist's don't have the highest suicide rate around, which is what I was told on my way out of school today. Still a strange profession. While I was being hurt on the dentist's chair today, I thought about how strange it would be to have conversations with patients the way they do. Snippets of information gleaned from incidental questions: "What grades do you teach?" or "Do you like the cold weather?" Getting answers around tubes, clamps, razor blades and whatever else he tortured me with today.

I am pretty excited about the weird eye-of-the-hurricane thing I've got going on right now. They had to juice me twice to numb the pain around the root of my tooth, so I can't feel anything in that general area of my face. Except for the pain in my tooth. That's pretty much still happening. So it's exactly like the eye of a hurricane, only not at all.

Have to go back for a permanent crown in two weeks. That'll be nice.

Between the dentist trips (four in one month after averaging just around zero for the last six years), the Regents grading, the essays that won't disappear no matter how hard I think at them, the blah blah blah... I have turned into a giant crybaby.

But not the awesome kind:



If only I had that spit curl. And Sam Giles' beard.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Oh Marky! I hate going to the dentist. It's been about five years since I've been. I'm sorry you're having hard times. But really, you should watch both Little Shop of Horrors and Crybaby, and you'll feel better.

nicole said...

i know, i was thinking the exact same thing as charlotte! i thought, well, if i had terrible dentist times i would follow what my heart clearly wanted and take full advantage of the tv (or computer) to cuddle up with some crybaby and little shop of horrors. what a great movie combo! i would definitely make it a double feature.